Saturday, September 10, 2016

Banned Book Display

 Banned Book Week is sneaking up on me (Sept 25-Oct 1 this year) so I got my display for this month ready!  I basically cleared off my display case in the front of the library, covered it in a ton of caution tape ($6 on Amazon for a HUGE roll) and made the flames out of construction paper.  Then I made the display posters out of colored copy paper and glued black construction paper to the back.  I added 10 challenged/banned books, which I wrapped in caution tape, along with a display card of why the book was challenged/banned.  The bright colors have definitely caught the students' attention and some actually read the cards to see why the books were banned.  Many of the kids, along with several of the staff, didn't know that books are still banned in the US and that new books are challenged every year!  Knowledge is power, people :)



No comments:

Post a Comment